The Gateway is 6 today. The last stats I saw, from October last year, show:
- Over 14 million transactions submitted
- Over 9.8 million individually registered users
- 30.72 million logons via the SOAP interface (as opposed to the Gateway's own UI)
- 516,000 debit card transactions
- 10 departments, 13 agencies and 36 local authorities connected
- 110 separate services
HMRC (and specifically the "R" part) still contribute the vast bulk of the transactions and users but other services are picking up slowly.
I hear that January's Self Assessment figures are somewhere near double those for last year which would make for perhaps 2.5 million online submissions, peaking at a couple of hundred thousand a day.