Friday, June 25, 2010

Unable to verify account information

If you're getting the message "Unable to verify account information" when trying to synchronise either a new iPhone or an upgraded iPhone (having moved to iOS4) with an Exchange server (or even with a gmail account), you need to:

- go to settings

- General

- Reset (all the way at the bottom)

- Reset Network Settings

It should work then (it did for me)

16 comments:

  1. mackyint1:19 am

    I have been trying to get this to work for days now and I still keep getting this same error.  Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried this:
    Here is the fix offered by Apple:
    To work around this issue, users should install a configuration profile from Apple that increases the amount of time the iOS 4 device will wait for the Exchange Server to respond to its sync requests. For best results, the profile should be installed on as many iOS 4 devices at your company as possible.
    To install the profile:
    Use Safari on your iOS 4 device to download the configuration profile. It may be easiest to read this article with your iPhone or iPod touch and tap the download link there, but you may also <span><span>email</span></span> the attachment to another email account on your iOS 4 <span><span>device</span></span>, and tap the attachment to open it.Tap Install to install the profile, and enter your passcode if prompted.A warning message will appear because the profile is not signed. Tap <span><span>Install</span></span> Now.Tap Done to complete the <span><span>installation</span></span>, then power off your device and power it back on.Wait for your Exchange data to finish syncing.

    After installation, the profile will be listed under Settings > General > Profile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:31 pm

    Perfect! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priscilla3:44 pm

    awesome, ths worked PERFECT!!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blake4:20 pm

    <p><span><span>I have just ran into the same issue, however the fix for me was ensuring that the domain name was present and was typed in UPPERCASE letters.</span></span>
    </p><p><span><span>Hope this helps </span></span></p>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:25 am

    I too spent hours trying and thanks to you it isfixed :)  THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. new guy4:08 pm

    awsome fix!  I would have work on this for hours but I googled it and found this page and had my i phone fixed in minutes, which doesn't happen that offend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. amilkr13045:16 am

    IT DIDN'T FIXED MY PROBLEM THANKS ANYWAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tequila2:14 pm

    It works like a charm. Thank you soooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:47 am

    I've spent hours on this including 45 mins on phone to network provider..wish I'd spotted your advive eralier. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:47 am

    I've spent hours on this including 45 mins on phone to network provider..wish I'd spotted your advice earlier. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:44 pm

    Thanks for the tip. Just killed an hour on microsoft sites trying to resolve before I found this post. Reset worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:23 am

    BIG thank you, I like easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:00 am

    you legend, fixed in one minute
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is perfect! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous7:05 am

    Awesome!!! 45 mins of trying everthing else and solution in just under two mins of finding this site!!

    Alan - you made my day today:-) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete